Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Deception: "Colored Pencil" Necklace

DECEPTION:  "Colored Pencil" Necklace by Patricia Krauchune

For my May Makin's Clay® project, I decided to make a copy of a necklace I saw on Pinterest, except mine will not be made from pencils but from Makin's Clay®. 

Supply List:

Makin's Clay® in Light Adobe              7 Metal Beads                                  3/32" Drill Bit
Ball Chain, 10.9M                                  Sharpie® Permanent Markers 

Recommended Makin's® Tools:

Makin's Professional® Ultimate Clay Extruder® - Disc 17  (Hexagon)

Instructions:

Using the Makin's Professional® Ultimate Clay Extruder®, insert some Light Adobe clay into the barrel of the extruder. The #17 Disc: (hexagon shape) was inserted into the end of the barrel and I turned out several pieces of extruded clay. 
I covered the extruded pieces of clay with a damp cloth for about 8 hours for the pieces to dry slowly. Next I uncovered the pieces and let them continue to dry for 24 hours. 









When dried, I cut the extrusions into about 7 two inch pieces and let them dry another 24 hours. 

I used a small drill with a 3/32" drill bit to create a hole about 1/8" down from one end. 

 

I used a craft knife to "sharpen" the ends of the "pencils" to a point (I only used 6 of the 7 pieces using one as a practice piece.)


I colored my "pencils" with Sharpie® Permanent Markers in rainbow colors.


Finally, I strung the "pencils" on the ball chain with a metal bead between
each "pencil" and a bead on either end. 


I named this project DECEPTION because looks can be deceiving... the "pencils" are really clay!

No comments:

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *